Quote for October

A Prayer for the Ephesians Eph. 3:14-21

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in heaven derives its name. I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!


Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tracking Variations in my Health

After posting just last week about our trip to France, I am going through a rough patch in my carcinoid symptoms. From the evening of July 6 through July 9, I had repeated diarrhea. Usually, I am only sick for a day or for the morning, and then I just collapse into bed. When  I get up after sleeping, the diarrhea is often gone. I take Welchol at the first sign of unusual bowel activity, and I keep up with my Octreotide shots.

I just want to track that this does happen. I was sick for 3 days and today I am noticeably weak. I took a loooong time to walk 30 feet  toward my car from the doctor's office today.  I had a regularly scheduled appointment with my oncologist today. 

One change we made was to start a standing order to have my Chromogranin A and Gastrin checked every two weeks. Whenever I get sick suddenly, I can go in and use that standing order to see if I have high levels of either compound in my blood. I would really like just one time to catch my cancer markers in the act of making me suddenly sick.

The last time I went through a period of being sick over several days was in March this year. I wrote about it on March 16, 2013. One thing I want to do is to keep track of the regularity of when I get sick. Here we have a four month time again when I gradually got better, then got worse. I would like to figure out why the tough times come around.

I realize that I have not written much lately about drawing strength from scripture or from music. One verse I have known was in the Bible, but I didn't know the location of was found by me while on the Seine!

Psalm 118:17 I shall not die, but will live, and proclaim what the LORD has done. The LORD has chastened me severely, but He has not given me over to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment