Quote for October

A Prayer for the Ephesians Eph. 3:14-21

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in heaven derives its name. I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!


Sunday, October 16, 2011

This is Different

I returned to having the Octreotide LAR two days ago, having finished my Octreoscan. I got a 40mg injection, which is the higher dose of Octreotide that I have gotten since July 27.
For the last two nights I have fallen asleep suddenly with my clothes on, face unwashed and teeth unbrushed. Friday night I slept about 10 hours from 11 until 9. Then Saturday night I slept from 7:30 until 6:15.
I don't know what my tumor is dumping into my bloodstream, but I would sure like to know. This morning I just wanted to lie down and let my eyes roll back into my head. However, I knew I would be better with prayer, so I went to church.
NOTE WELL: What was happening here was an overdose of Octreotide. I had to go through this extreme weakness twice before I was at the oncologist at the same time it was happening. He realized that the overdose symptoms of Octreotide are almost the same as the disease itself. The difference is the extreme weakness caused by the drug. I adjusted my dose to one injection of 20mg every two weeks. That is suggested by Dr. Eugene Woltering of LSU, It works well for me.
 I walked into church leaning on my cane and moving my feet about 10 inches at a time. Luckily, I get to park right at the front door because I bring two 80-year-old women to church. I made it to my seat and back out again. I did get some help getting to my chair.
The stuff that carcinoid does is so random. This morning I was much sicker than the 82-year-old lady that rides with me. Then about 4:00 pm I went outside and gardened for 40 minutes. I had to move very carefully, but I wanted to do something to help my daffodils bloom. Then about 9:20 tonight, I could feel the darkness closing in (so to speak). Since 7:00 pm I have been in my nightgown so I could sleep in nightclothes for the first time in 3 days.
This morning I wore my Carcinoid Awareness baseball shirt to church because I felt so bad. I did that on purpose to raise some awareness, but almost no one looks at the shirt. I guess they don't want to look at my chest. At least I pointed it out to three people who asked what was wrong. If I've got to die of this, I'll be one d*** angry dead lady if I can't get at least 100 people to know what it is.

(www.zazzle.com is the place to get shirts and caps printed for most any cause. They offer several things for carcinoid. I got 2 styles of shirts, and a little tote bag. The tote bag is not really strong enough to hold a Bible, but it can hold something smaller.)


No comments:

Post a Comment